Winchester Youth Baseball and Softball COVID-19 Guideline
for Phase IV, Step 1 | March 28, 2021
WYBS is taking all necessary steps to ensure a safe and fun environment for our kids this spring, especially with regards to state guidance and orders relative to the state’s COVID-19 safety and reopening plans.
Currently, Massachusetts remains in Phase IV, Step 1 of the state’s reopening plan and the following guidelines are in effect for all player activities (e.g. practices and games) organized by WYBS. We will continue to closely monitor all updates and revisions to the reopening plan and adapt according to any and all subsequent modifications.
- Players, coaches, and umpires must wear a mask at all times.
- Umpires can call a game from behind home plate as long as they wear a mask under their protective catcher’s mask.
- All players should maintain 6ft social distancing including while in the dugouts.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided and must be applied at the beginning and at the ending of every practice or game.
No Touch Rule:
- Players should refrain from high fives, handshake lines and other physical contact with teammates, opposing players, coaches, umpires and fans.
- A “tip the cap” can be used following the game instead of the handshake line.
- All spectators are required to follow the Massachusetts outdoor protocols.
- Spectators from different households should maintain 6ft social distancing.
COVID-19 Symptoms or Known Cases:
- If any player or coach experiences symptoms of COVID-19 within 14 days of a WYBS activity, the player should inform his / her coach and the league’s COVID director before returning to any WYBS activity.
- If any player or coach has a known exposure to COVID-19 or tests positive for COVID-19, the individual should inform his/her coach and the league’s COVID director before returning to any WYBS activity.