Softball | 8U
Winchester Youth Softball is broken up into 3 seasons. Each season serves a different need and the ability to participate in one or all three seasons is available for all softball players.
Spring League Dates:
- Pre-Season Clinics: Saturday mornings, 8AM January – March
- 8U Coaches Meeting: Tuesday 4/16/24 at 6PM
- First Spring Clinic: Sunday 4/21/24 at 10AM
- First Spring Game: Tuesday 4/23/24 at 6PM
Pre-Season Training | Weekly on Sat at 8AM
Pre-Season instructional training begins the first Sat in Jan and will be held at both Ryan Connoly or Stampede Batting Cages on Holton Street in Woburn at 8AM -9AM. Working with college, high school and talented program coaches, we will work with your player to teach and improve throwing, fielding, and hitting. We will flip flop between the two locations on a weekly basis to be able to maximize the space and the skill set that is being worked on for that week. Hitting will take place at the Stampede facility and fielding and throwing will take place at Ryan Connoly.
Spring Season: In-Town League
This league will continue to build foundational skills for players.
- 8U games will be coach-pitch.
- 8U will be an in-town only league (i.e. no travel).
- All games will be played Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 6PM – 7PM at the Ginn Fields.
- 8U group clinics will be Sunday mornings from 10AM – 11:30AM (start time subject to change).
Winchester Youth Softball participates in the Middle Essex Summer Program. This program consists of towns all over Middlesex County and Essex County with games played Monday-Thursday at 6:15. This league is more competitive than our spring softball league, however, it is still based around having fun and enjoying the game of softball. Your practice schedule will be created at the discretion of the coaches of your daughter's team.
Fall ball is a great experience to play a little more softball. For our 10 and 12U programs we enter teams into the Charles River Softball League. You play a double header on Saturday morning and then are free to enjoy the rest of your weekend.